Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fabric-ating Silver



Silversmithing update: I'm in the process of making one of my bits of fabric-rolled silver look more like fabric. I've been cutting out little squares on the edges to replicate that irregular thread weave of cloth. I know what my teacher will say... "If you can't file and polish it, then you shouldn't cut it"... but I'm having fun :) Is it a break-the-rules-babe and try-something-new day for you too?


p.s. just read my stars for the week from Mr Crazy Brezsny (his horoscopes are always good fun if you're into that kind of thing!) Anyway, I thought they were kind of fitting for this post too :)



PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): 
If I were you, Pisces, I'd make interesting fun your meme of the week. According to my reading of the astrological omens, you will be fully justified in making that your modus operandi and your raison d'etre. For best results, you should put a priority on pursuing experiences that both amuse you and captivate your imagination. As you consider whether to accept any invitation or seize any opportunity, make sure it will teach you something you don't already know and also transport you into a positive emotional state that gets your endorphins flowing.

7 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

that is so fantastic I love it - rules schmules if we all followed the rules no one would ever make anything new!!! why do some teachers do that!!!

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

quite right, Cath - "Rules Schumles"...it's going to be stunning ;-) x

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Haha, break the rules-babe! That is awesome and so are you. It's going to look amazing, Kylie!

belinda marshall said...

it is!! re tying something new. not sure about the rules . . . or if i have any to break!
this is looking great. your teacher has a very beautiful ring on his site.
xx

Mia said...

Kylie, you risk taker! Seriously, can't believe how you are just conquering all these new art/craft spheres. I think the 'fabric' looks gorgeous - lots of potential!

Tania said...

Always. And I'm sure polishing is over-rated...

june at noon said...

Loving it. You only have to know the rules so you know what you're doing when you break them. That's my philosophy!