Friday, July 2, 2010

Inspiration: Anila Rubiku







Anila Rubiku is one of those inspiring artists who thrive on community involvement... Her work encompasses a fascinating cross section of mediums - drawing, embroidery and sculptural installations - which she uses to develop local history community projects with a contemporary perspective. I am just in love with the top image... dreaming of embroidery school ;) I imagine each embroidery hoop contains a new part to a fascinating narrative... maybe about her cultural travels? To find out more, visit Anila Rubiku's website.

4 comments:

june at noon said...

Ah, you know this is right up my alley. Love those photos. Would love to walk around in the first one. ;)

Mia said...

I love Anila's work . It's extroadinarily original too. Have you noticed at all that it's also quite raunchy? ;)

Anna Bartlett said...

Oh, I've never seen that before - fantastic! Makes me want to get out the embroidery hoop! Thanks so much for introducing me to her work, Kylie.

Evie said...

how fantastic! i love the first image too with a similar initial thought to you. thanks for sharing.