Monday, November 23, 2009

Fashion Forward: Calvin

I'm playing along with Clair's meme "Fashion Forward" this week. To join in visit Obstinate Pursuit here.





Yes, it's Calvin Klein... The stuff of dreams, but oh what lovely dreams! When I first saw the top dress I felt as if I'd never again find a frock so divine. I've been busily daydreaming about how to make myself a similar one in navy or black... that's allowed for personal use isn't it? I hope so because I think it is perfection. The other frocks are gorgeous too but more for the incredible fabric designer Francisco Costa has used. It's like a tie-dyed seersucker, don't you think? My fingers keeping moving whenever I look at it, just itching to touch and feel that texture. I do so love a frock dream :)

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Calvin Klein is one of my favorites! These are just beautiful. They walk the line between classic and fresh just perfectly.

Pretty Neat Designs said...

oh.my.god. the second and third dress are beyond gorgeous. I don't just want to feel the fabric, I want to live in the fabric!

Sally said...

The fashion industry operates on trend setting so it is therefore implied that there will be mimicry - using a garment for inspiration to create your own sits fine with me regardless of personal use or not - as long as you present it as your own and not as a Calvin Klein (& acknowledge your inspiration).
I'm thinking a smokey grey would be better than black or navy - something a bit more muted.

Clair said...

Thanks so much for playing along this week. You always have such fantastic taste! Since I'm a lover of billowy sleeves (even if there is only one of them!) I'm with you in coveting the dress at the top. Not that I'd say no to any of them! :)

paperpocket said...

ooo billowy sleeve!I think the billowy sleeve would look pretty darn great in that stunning fabric too. Great choices!

xoxo

Emily said...

Wow! Love these.

Cheryl said...

wow love them all but especialy the first one very stylish!

2 by Design said...

Ummmmm, YES PLEASE. To alllll of the above!