Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Stash: Vintage Staffies




Another Sunday, another stash! This play-along is making me realise just how much of a collector I am! Nothing on a grand scale, of course – like this little stash that I dearly love... my collection of 1960s Staffordshire Potteries coffee cups. These were a wedding present to my parents in the early 1960s. When my mum moved from our old family home she decided to downscale on her crockery and asked if there was anything I wanted... Can you imagine such a gift? There wasn't really much that I didn't want! So, there you have it - my Sunday Stash with just a touch of provenance! :)

See more Sunday Stashes, or join in the fun here.

8 comments:

M* (Melanie) said...

Oh what a lovely stash! They are so awesome! I have a small collectiion of groovy coffee cups but nothing as splendid as yours

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

Lovely, were these sold as a set. They are very different from each other but look great together! My favourites are the one in the middle and the green one in the back row!

Christy Amular said...

ooohh super lovely finds!

Kylie said...

The one at the back on the left is part of a set - I have 6 of them, and the cups are slightly taller. The others are all of a size so maybe they came as a set too... I'm not sure. I'll have to ask my mum.

Thanks for your lovely comments. K

Thea said...

They're wonderful. I love the patterns & colours.

Leonie Guld said...

Oh, it makes me want to jump on a plane and come for a cup-pa. Love them!! What fine taste you have :)

Abigail said...

They are just beautiful cups - what a great thing to have a mum who has saved things like this and then, of course, passes them on! x

Janne said...

I looooove these! I collect cups with funky patterns, and have some Staffordshires amongst them.
http://whatsbloggingmyview.blogspot.com/2008/06/vintage-cups-collection.html

http://whatsbloggingmyview.blogspot.com/2008/01/staffordshire-pottery.html