Saturday, April 11, 2009

Molly's Dress (work in progress)



I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I found myself agreeing to make the formal dress of the lovely miss Molly. (I think it was meeting such a lovely 16 year old and getting all carried away with talk about which fabrics and styles etc!) 
I have cursed that decision many times over the past couple of weeks... not because of Molly... but what was I thinking?! I've never attempted anything this grand before and have had a mounting feeling of doom about wrecking Molly's formal. 
For the first week I just stared at the fabric, terrified of cutting (and destroying!). Then my terror turned on the deadline and I jumped into it, not entirely relaxed until I'd made my first mistake (!) and then I was fine. :)
I think I truly relaxed just moments ago when I reached this stage - all the planning about which part needs to be sewn first etc is done - just zip, hem and embroidery on the tulle bodice to go.

No comments: